The Sisterhood of Support is a Support Group for Women Who Are or Have Been in a Relationship with a Sex Addict. Welcome to The Sisterhood, I’m glad you found us. This is your quiet, safe place. A place where wives and partners of sex addicts will find honest, truthful answers, resources and most of all, friendship and caring from women who truly understand. If you are a woman who is in or has been in a relationship with a sex addict this is the place for you. So take your time, look around, read the blog and watch our videos if you haven’t done so already. If any of this resonates with you, as the wife or partner of a sex addict, and you feel that this is a place for you, then give the private membership support group a try.
Here is a little bit about The Sisterhood:
- The Sisterhood of Support offers a unique, safe, private online support group for wives and partners of sex addicts, women who are or have been in a relationship with a sex addict.
- We support the trauma model of treatment for wives and partners of sex addicts.
- We do not believe that sex addiction is an actual disease, but rather a symptom of a much deeper mental disorder.
- The Sisterhood of Support does not believe that 12 step programs are effective in treating these behaviors.
- We believe that co-dependent/co-addict labels are harmful and cause further damage and trauma to an already traumatized partner or spouse.
- We believe that wives and partners of these misdiagnosed ‘sex addicts’ are victims of domestic abuse.
- Sex addiction is the the last vestige of ‘victim blaming’ and it needs to stop.
We believe that sex addiction is Domestic Abuse.
Here is the US Department of Justice has to say about Domestic Abuse: Emotional Abuse: Undermining an individual's sense of self-worth and/or self-esteem is abusive. This may include, but is not limited to constant criticism, diminishing one's abilities, name-calling, or damaging one's relationship with his or her children.
The Sisterhood Support Group is a very special place. A place where you will feel welcome. A place where you can feel safe sharing your feelings, doubts and fears. A place where you KNOW that everyone else here has walked in your shoes and understands exactly how you feel. The Sisterhood will give you the support and resources you need to regain your stability and start on your path toward healing. The Sisters are all here for you, standing beside you, helping you to find your way. The Sisterhood is not a 12 step group, The Sisterhood will not ever imply that you are a co addict or that you are co dependent. The Sisterhood believes in empowering you rather than telling you that you are powerless. The Sisterhood is a unique sort of group that does nothing more than support you with compassion, understanding and friendship. The Sisterhood is a group of women who are or have been in a relationship with a Sex Addict. Together we laugh, cry, share and support each other. We are best friends. If possible we visit each other, call each other on the phone when we are in need and share our joys and laughter as well as our pain. You will find all sorts of discussions going on in the Sisterhood. We talk about everything, Sex Addiction, Personality Disorders, recovery, staying, leaving, divorce, children, jobs, stress, PTSD, health…you name it we’ve probably discussed it and will discuss it again. Asking questions in the forum is a great way to get input from the Sisters, or you can read through the thousands of topics and see what has been said in the past. With hundreds of members from all over the world, the Sisterhood Support Group offers ongoing topics and discussions for less than a dollar a day for 24/7 online access. For more information Click Here or click the button below to sign up.
Free Videos for Wives and Partners of Sex Addicts
The Sisterhood of Support is producing a series of videos featuring our resident coach for wives and partners of sex addicts, Diane Strickland. In these videos Diane will discuss the various myths and misconceptions that surround what we call sex addiction.
These videos are free and can be viewed by clicking the ‘Videos’ link at the top of the page. You can also view all of our free videos by visiting our YouTube Channel. Please subscribe when you visit our YouTube channel. It’s anonymous and free and you will be notified whenever we publish a new video.
This series of free videos is a part of the Sisterhood’s commitment to the ‘Partners are Priority’ philosophy. Keep checking back as more videos will be added as they are produced. To view the entire series of free videos for wives and partners of sex addicts check out our ‘Videos’ page or CLICK HERE
Here is Diane’s newest video. Keep checking back as new videos will be featured here.
WIVES AND PARTNERS OF SEX ADDICTS
A NEW RESOURCE! FINALLY!
A Trauma Recovery Program Just for Partners of Sex Addicts!
- Are you getting the feeling that the therapist doesn’t understand your experience or perspective?
- Do you feel pigeon-holed by an ill-fitting sex addiction treatment model?
- Are you suffering every day without your needs being anyone’s priority?
- It doesn’t need to be that way at all.
- Finally there is a program that makes YOU a priority and helps YOU recover from your trauma.
One On One Skype or Phone Coaching
If you are a wife or partner of a sex addict, someone who is engaging in secret or blatant sexual activities with people other than you, you are likely overwhelmed with hurt and shock. Diane is now offering coaching for Partners of sex addicts. Dealing with this trauma includes:
- a steep and painful learning curve
- a bundle of debilitating trauma symptoms
- a sense of isolation
- a lack of credible research data on this topic
- a doubtful treatment protocol
- lots of expensive “solutions” advertised with no reliable outcomes
- trying to avoid treatment-induced partner trauma
- getting up every day to go to work, care for children and others, etc.
Having the opportunity to talk one-on-one with someone who understands this landscape of trauma and treatment confusion may help you to get your feet under you and begin to find your way forward. But who would you be talking with? A critical thinker with decades of experience dealing with people, Diane also provides strategic coaching to help you identify and pursue your goals in mediation processes, custody evaluations, visitation issues and court proceedings. Learn how to tell your story effectively and bring your concerns forward in ways that allow key decision-makers to use their power without taking sides. Diane Strickland has been in your shoes. She gets it. She understands what is at stake for you. She knows you have to find your way through this with compassion, fidelity to your core values, and the courage to grow.